Thursday, March 27, 2008

Roller Skating

I took Jackson, Kennedy and their friend, Aria to lunch and then roller skating yesterday as an extension of Kennedy's birthday. It was Jack's first time, Kennedy's third, and Aria was already a pro since she has a pair of those skate-shoes at home. There were a lot of falls, a few tears, and hopefully some good memories made.

I guess some things never change...or at least not that much. Going to the roller rink today was a blast back into my past. They still play the YMCA song, have couples skate, reverse directions, and of course...The Hokey-Pokey.


The Hokey-Pokey~ The girls had fun doing it, so I guess that's what it's all about.

I was so proud of Jackson for his perseverance. He fell a lot, but kept getting back up and trying it again. Way to go, kiddo!


"Failure is not falling but refusing to get up."

~ Chinese Proverb

2 comments:

beckysue said...

What a super-fun day! Jackson, I'm so proud of you for getting back up whenever you fell down...you'll be skating around the rink without falling once before you know it!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER done the hokey-pokey on skates! (And I probably never will.) But it sure looks like you had a great time. I love your giggle, Kennedy, when you shook your head. And, Jackson, you should have seen Grammy's knees after my first time ice skating...Miss Bruises! Keep trying!
Love,
Grammy