Saturday, March 22, 2008

Orienteering With Ompa

Today we went orienteering with Ompa. It was just our second time trying out the sport and Ompa's first. Based on our last experience, I went ahead and chose Course 2. The last time we did a level two course it took us about 30 minutes. Today it took us 2:09:17. It was certainly more challenging than last time. But we had a lot of fun. The children were armed with their yellow compass-whistle-thermometers and ready for an adventure. The children played at the park for a while after we finished the course. It was fun watching my dad push them on the swings. I remember him taking my sister and me to the park when we were young. When he gave us "under ducks" on the swings and I remember my tummy doing the roller-coaster-tickle. As I watched him do the same for the kiddos it made me smile.

We went to lunch at a local pizza parlor. I really enjoyed talking with my dad and having him spend extra time with the kiddos. It was a very special day.
Tonight when the children said their prayers, Kennedy and Jackson thanked God that they got to go orienteering the Ompa. Harrison said he was thankful that Ompa went hunting with us.
P.S. I'm thankful that my dad had these photos e-mailed to me since my camera didn't have a disc in it!

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

I'm always amazed at how much you look exactly like your Dad!