Thursday, March 6, 2008

Friends Are the Chocolate Chips in the Cookie of Life

Today I had a very special treat. A dear friend from college came by for a visit. Deanne and I lived on the same wing at Taylor U. I have great memories of us bundling up like marshmallows and going down to Taylor Lake to sled on the trays from the dining commons. I remember a funny time we charged our hair with static electricity and had a crazy photo shoot. Good times. Great memories.

But more than anything, De is a precious sister in Christ. We spent a good amount of time praying together back at TU. Though it has been about two and a half years since we last saw each other (in Hungary at Tamara's wedding), and about nine years before that (my wedding in '96), it seemed like no time had passed. I love friendships like that.

Unfortunately, the three hours that she spent at our house passed by too quickly. Before I knew it, De was pulling out of my driveway. She and her family leave next month to return to Albania, where they live and serve the Lord.


Marshmallows Charged Up!
Tamara's wedding in Budapest, Hungry ~ Aug. '05

3 comments:

Our Four Kids said...

How fun that you were able to see her! It would have been so fun to know you in college and I'm so glad we are friends here in Washington! You are a chocolate chip (Ghiradelli's) in my life, that is for SURE!

Organized Chaos said...

How fun to see a picture of De...she was/is such a great girl...I remember I always used this huge pillow she had...so much that she had her Mom sew me one just like it for me to have!

Now that I think about it, maybe she just wanted me out of her room! :)

Does she have a blog? She needs one...tell her!

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing the fun pictures. Whenever I think of either you or Deanne, I remember how you always had such a joy and love for the Lord. What an encouragement you both are to so many. Thanks for sharing what she is doing now.