Saturday, June 7, 2008

Karsten's first birthday

We celebrated my nephew's first birthday today. He is such a precious little guy. We are so glad that God made him and gave him to Angie and Ron.They had to wake him from his slumber to get his party going. Still shaking off those zzz's, he was very subdued when the cake was placed before him.Karsten's face was painted with frosting in order to entice him into doing something silly. Nope. He wasn't hungry. Wasn't interested. Wasn't going to put on a show!
Karsten took a moment out of his busy party schedule to pose with a couple of his friends. His friend in the middle is just two days older than him.



A year ago we were so excited to find out that Karsten Nicholas was born. My sister had a difficult labor and delivery, but came out with a healthy little boy. Shortly after his delivery, her blood pressure dropped dangerously low and she was placed in the ICU. There was a short time where we didn't know if she was going to make it.

I just want to praise the Lord, once again for seeing my sister through. Our God is good! Many of you prayed for her and I thank you for it. I love seeing my sister and her husband in their role as parents. They are doing a great job.

1 comment:

Our Four Kids said...

Happy Birthday Karsten! Wow, the last year has gone so quickly! Great pictures, Jen!