Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Gram!

Tomorrow is my Gram's 77th birthday. I took the kiddos to Grandpa & Gram's house today to celebrate. We had a nice lunch and then went out to bubble tea and coffee at a local shop.
Then we returned to their house for rum cake and a birthday song.
Gram is one of my favorite people in the world. She has taught me so much about life. Thanks to her, I know how to make a bed properly, learned how to bake, and chose to cloth diaper my first two children. Because of Gram I always visit the sales racks first before shopping the regular priced clothing. I write or call companies to let them know if I am disgruntled with their product (she told me today that she is writing to J & J because their new band aids are faulty). She taught me how to pray when I was a young child. Later, when I became a Christian, I knew how to talk to my Heavenly Father because of the example she set for me. Gram always makes time for people. She played with us as kids; paper dolls, board games, card games, school, etc. She took us to the park and on long walks. My love for hiking was inspired by Gram as well. She loves the outdoors and hits the trails as often as possible. This week she hiked the Twin Falls Trail with her hiking club. She is an amazing woman whom I admire. Happy Birthday, Gram. I love you!

2 comments:

Our Four Kids said...

Happy Birthday to Gram from the Johnsons! What a wonderful lady! Glad you could enjoy the day with her.

Steph

P.S. Do I recognize that jogging stroller? :)

Anonymous said...

I love it when people don't wait until funerals to express how much another's life has meant to them! Ken and I are very grateful to your Gram for the faithful example she provided for our son's precious wife! You are both blessed and a blessing! We love you, Gram and Jen!
Grammy