Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Still Snowed In...

Yesterday the kiddos and I took a walk around the neighborhood. This is a view of the main road, facing down hill.
Here is a view up the hill. This road hasn't been sanded, so the only vehicles making the trek had 4WD.

It still hasn't warmed up above freezing. We were all glad to head back home after the walk.

I played Sorry with my children after we warmed up. This is a very big deal as it was the first time that all of my children are old enough to play. I have such warm memories of playing this game with my Gram during visits to her house throughout my childhood. I am sure that as soon as my sister and I were able to recognize numbers and count up to twelve, she introduced us to Sorry. She still has her original game board that was given to my dad as a gift from his grandparents back in 1958 when they lived in North Dakota.
.
Several years ago, Gram and my little brother, Kameron, took a picture of themselves playing the original Sorry game and sent a note off to Parker Brothers telling them how long the game has lasted. The company did not send a new game to Gram, but they thanked her for the note and said that they posted the photo in their employee lounge.
.
Harrison, at four, had a difficult time with the concept of being sent back to start when a "Sorry" card was drawn. He did throw a little tantrum and had to spend a portion of the game in his room until he was able to calmly join us again. Sorry. It is part of the game.
We played outside again after lunch. The newest round of snow is sticky and perfect for making snowmen.




Kiki's snowgirl.


We made these yummy candy clusters. They were so easy and delightfully goooooood. The children had fun helping.
.
Crock Pot Candy Clusters
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 jar lightly salted peanuts
1 jar salted peanuts
raisins (optional)
.
Dump all the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir. Pour the mixture into a crock pot. Leave on medium heat for three hours. Stir. Place little mounds on parchment paper, wax paper, or aluminum foil. Allow to harden. Enjoy!
.
So easy. SOO delicious!

No comments: