Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day Joy

If you look out the window, you can see how early it is. The children were exited to open their stockings and see what treasures they held. It didn't matter to them that the sun hadn't come up yet.


I just love the excitement shown above. It's the little things; Pez, reading lights, Tootsie Rolls, that were so much fun for them to find in their socks. We probably didn't need to give them anything else after the stockings because they were so thrilled with their loot.

Harrison finally got the game that he wanted so badly. Leave it to Mom to make sure it was educational, too.The kiddos gave Twister to Dad.

Since Dad wasn't feeling too good this Christmas and we were still snowed in on our hill, we decided not to make the trek out to West Seattle for the celebration with my extended family. We were thrilled that some of the family stopped by our home afterward to share Christmas with us.


My sister, her husband, and their son, Karsten, managed to make it up our hill without 4 wd. I was especially glad for their visit since it was my sister's birthday. I only wish I had a b-day cake waiting for her. Ken and Karsten jammed a bit on Jack's new guitar.



The kiddos were happy to see Ompa and Oma.


Harrison opened this silly wiggly-eyeball book and loved having Oma read it to him.


My little sister, Kayce, was fantastic with the kiddos. They laughed as she read the dinosaur book to them. Jack was especially drawn to her. He even showed her his prized collection drawer.

Unfortunately, the only photo I took of my little brother, Kameron, and Kayce's boyfriend, Jeff, didn't turn out. But please note they were there, too, making the evening even more special.

No comments: