Monday, May 19, 2008

Spicing Things Up

While Ken was in Chicago a week ago, I decided to spice things up a bit. Originally I was looking for something kind of cinnamon or nutmeg-ish, but with the help of my seven-year-old daughter, I picked out this orangey-orange color and painted an accent wall in our room. But more than that, I de-cluttered our space and made it less chaotic.

To you this may just be a chair, but to me it was 2 1/2 hours of labor, putting together the parts and making it look like something that can be sat upon. It was a real challenge, considering the directions that came with it.It was my Mother's Day gift to myself. Yes, I am trying to get rid of knick-knacks and clutter, but to me this is art. It represents who I am and the most important job I have in life. I think it's beautiful. Thankfully, Ken was pleased by my room make-over. It actually inspired us to paint an accent wall in our living room the day after he returned from the Windy City. It is kind of a mud color. I love it, too!
Stay tuned for our next dramatic room make-over...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pumpkin spice and home plate mud colors, you guys! What would you recommend for under my upper kitchen cabinets ... since I have no more of the original rosebud pink left and it really needs an update? (Remember, the counters are blue and the upper walls are ice blue.) I'm open to suggestions, since you two are pros now!

Organized Chaos said...

Looks nice! It will warm things up on those gray and rainy days.

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing these! I so love to see how other people decorate! Keep the pictures coming! Great job!