Saturday, May 17, 2008

Baby & Baseball

Today was a special day. We went to visit my friend, Kelly and her precious little Mabel Pamella, born April 1. It is so wonderful to see my dear friend in this new role in life. It does suit her well. We had a nice visit while the boys played in the sprinkler and Kennedy tried to avoid the cats. Jackson had his first ever T-ball game tonight. He is on the "Red Team" (creative, I know) with other 5 & 6 year-olds. It was so amusing to watch these kiddos play. The rules are very basic. There are three innings. Everyone bats. No one gets out. The ball is always thrown to first base.

Running to First!

...and second!

After the first inning, some of the children started to lose interest. Our little man was not the only one out there digging in the dirt and ready to end early. But they all stuck with it and finished the game. The score? Tied, of course.



We celebrated Jack's first game and great perseverance with ice cream afterward. It was a fun way to end our day. We are so proud of our Jack-a-roo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jack! I love the way your smile lights up my computer, my dear grandson! Papa and I love being able to watch you play baseball from our nice cool house! Thanks, Mommy, for recording the special event and sharing it with us!
Love,
Grammy