Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last Official Day of School

This week we "officially" finished up the 2008-2009 school year. I have been blessed the last couple of years with a friend who has co-oped along side me in my home. Adreine has spent time with my little boys in the preschool room reading countless books, coloring, counting, cutting, and working on various activities, while I worked in the other classroom, teaching her daughter, Aria, alongside Kennedy and Jackson. It has been a blessing to both of us. Next year Aria will attend a public school and I will be forced into the reality of teaching a 3rd grader, 1st grader, and pre-kindergartner, all while keeping my two-year old and new born busy. It sounds exhausting already. But not impossible. Our last day of school was spent wrapping things up. The children finished their presidents books and a book of poetry about the twelve months of the year. They wrote in their journals and took a practice standardized test to prepare them for the real thing next week. It was a good final day.Yesterday we took a class field trip to the beach and finished off by rewarding the children with one of our favorite treats, bubble tea!

Thanks for a great year, friends!

No comments: