Monday, July 28, 2008

Race Report

The weather was perfect for last weekend's triathlon. Not too sunny, but no rain either. I decided to do the sprint this year because of my lack of training, so unfortunately I don't have a time from last year to compare to.
Body Marking Here I am in the transition area before the start of the race.


Funny story (now it is, anyway); just as I was about to head down to the water for the pre-race meeting, a girl came in late and asked if she could rack her bike in between mine and the gal's next to me. As you can see from the above photo, there wasn't much room, and as I mentioned previously, there wasn't much time. The other girl agreed, but warned her that there wasn't going to be much room to set up her transition gear. Just as the late gal placed her bike on the rack, the entire rack BROKE! I grabbed my end of the rack and someone else grabbed the other. It was too late for all of us to find homes for our bikes and gear just before the race was to begin. Thankfully a race volunteer showed up with duct tape and saved the day. That stuff really does fix anything!
1/4 mile swim: 8:41.9
T-1: 1:26.5
Bike, T-2, Run 1:12:40 (the timing chip combined all three events together, so I don't have my splits)
Finish: 1:21:22.8
My support team on the home front

Old photo, but here I am with my new Felt S32 the night my dear husband purchased it for me at the auction last year. The bike is actually much better, faster, and more impressive than the biker.
This weekend was the first time I have raced with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these photos, Jen. We know you've had no formal training time lately, but those kids really keep you in shape! We're proud of you! But then, we were proud of (and thankful for) you before you were a triathlete...or a mom to such beautiful grandchildren...or a teacher, etc. We love the way you love our son!
Love,
Dad and Mom