Sunday, April 27, 2008

Visiting Friends

I'm in South Haven, MI visiting my precious friend, Tamara. Another dear college friend of ours, Dawn picked me up from the airport. We stopped by her very cool home in Grand Rapids and visited with her husband for a while before heading out to meet up with Tamara and her family for dinner, dessert, coffee, and lively conversation. I love it when you can go years between visits with friends and then pick up right where you left off as if no time has passed.

Tamara and her husband are missionaries in Budapest, Hungary. They came back to the States to have their first child, Levente (Levi). It was a privilege to attend his baby dedication at church today, along with the dedication of two of his cousins. We celebrated afterward with a delicious brunch at an Austrian restaurant in Holland, MI.

Tuesday night I return to Seattle. I will post photos of this lovely place and my beautiful friends upon my return.

3 comments:

Our Four Kids said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures! So glad you are having a great time! We enjoyed having Kennedy here and seeing your boys too!

Attila & Tamara said...

Jay,
It was wonderfully wonderful to have you here this weekend. Thank you Ken for sharing your beautiful wife with us for a few days. It was good for my spirit. Thank you Jesus for my friend, Jay!

Attila & Tamara said...

Jay,
I totally just realized that the picture of you on the blog is in Budapest. Ohhh, I so hope you'll be able to make it again someday WITH Ken!