Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Why Another Santa Photo?

It's another tradition. At Christmas time, my mom braves the shopping crowds with me and we take the children to see the Nordstrom Santa. The quality of photos is superb and the lines are amazingly short compared to Santa lines elsewhere. They also mail the photos to our house so I don't have to go back to the mall for them.

The funny thing is that in our home, we don't really "do" the Santa thing. We don't write him letters with lists of gifts we wish we had. Our children don't get presents from him. We don't leave Santa Clause cookies on Christmas Eve.

So why do I take our children to get their photo with him every year? I guess it's because he is a great festive prop to measure how my children have grown and changed from one Christmas to another. I like having the photos out on the piano. And there is another thing. Even though we don't "teach" the Santa tale to our children, they seem to believe it anyway. And hey, they like the free candy canes he gives out, too.


Notice Harrison in this photo with me.

Notice Harrison in this photo with my mom.
I hope he isn't doing that in the one that photographer took of the children on their own.

Mikey is so cute! I couldn't resist taking these of him while Santa was handing out the candy canes to my big kids.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Adorable! My kids want to leave out cookies even though we don't do Santa either and they know we are going to eat them. They always say, "Santa is a nice guy" so they don't spoil it for their friends. Then they wink at me.

I love all of your traditions! So fun to read about you and your family!