Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Morning, Afternoon, and Evening...

I was too tired last night to blog about Christmas Day, so I finished Eve and went to bed. Now I have some time to share.

We started off Christmas morning with two little boys who crawled into our bed. They could hardly wait to get things going.




We started out the morning with cinnamon rolls (I was up past midnight making them and really, they weren't that great. I think next year I will buy the frozen kind). Then the children got to open their stockings. They usually get the same things each year; bubble bath, new toothbrush, Happy Meal toys, a little candy, a book, and something to wear. It sounds very simple, but they love it. Actually, I think they would be satisified if the stockings were all they received.



I made the mistake of giving Mikey this candy cane. I thought it would be cute for a photo. I should have know that it is never really easy, despite the cliche', to take candy away from a baby.
Hair-Bear was excited to get his sleeping bag. It fits into this carrying bag/backpack. He wore it around most of the morning.

This was Jackson's only Christmas wish - the Wild West Sheriff and Outlaw Set. He calls the rifle his "Red Rider."

Kennedy loves her skates. She hasn't had a chance to try them outside yet because of the rain, but she has been rolling all around the house for the last couple days.

After eating and opening with our own little clan, we headed down the street to my mom's house for brunch. We ate, opened gifts and celebrated my sister's birthday (Dec. 25) and Jackson's (Dec. 26), too. Kennedy had gotten a roll of tickets on Christmas Eve from her other grandmother, so she handed them out for the Christmas Show. It was the second and final performance of our little version of Charlie Brown's Christmas.


Grandma Karen and Grandpa Terry's Tree


Karsten and Kelly, cuddling together.


My mom made Kennedy this adorable Christmas dress. She felt so beautiful in it. I thought she looked like the Christmas Princess.


The little elf and his helpers



Happy Birthday Jack and Angie!


We left Grandma Karen and Grandpa Terry's house and it was snowing! Big, chunky, fat flakes. All the way home, we kept telling the children to remember this day because it might be a very long time before it snows again on Christmas day in the Seattle area. The last time we could recall was about nine years ago, long before our children were born. The snow didn't stick, but it was a lovely ride home, drivin' in a winter wonderland. We came home for rest time before heading out again for our final Christmas celebration.

My brother, Kris, and his wife Michelle, hosted Christmas in their lovely new home. There was plenty of room for all of the extended family to celebrate Christmas. The food on the menu was scrumptious; Kris' goat cheese stuffed figs and banana & honey sweet potatoes were delicious and unique additions. Santa even stopped by with gifts for the children.

Kris and Michelle's tree

Santa visits!

I love this photo of my little guys and me.


Jack usually takes a while to warm up to dogs but once the gets there, he loves to play with them. I was glad that he made friends with Ellie.

Even though they are about the same size, Mikey was the bravest child when it came to little Ellie. It seemed that he was more annoyed with her though, than interested in playing.Like father, like son. It wasn't even planned, but they look so cute in their matching "outfits."
Aunt Janice and Cousin Jacquelin enjoy little Karsten.
Oops, the cake slipped off the tray and scraped against the counter, losing part of the decorations. Neither birthday kid seemed to mind the frosting mishap or the candle improv.

3 comments:

Our Four Kids said...

Jen,

I love the pics! Caroline got a backpack too - only it's a butterfly backpack! Where did you find the skates? Good idea for a birthday present!

Steph

Our Four Kids said...

After leaving my comment, I realized I didn't mention the sleeping bag/flashlight/water bottle - just the backpack part. Caroline will be happy to know that Harrison received one too!

Organized Chaos said...

Santa brought Baileigh skates, too! We went to a local rink where they have a morning preschool age skate with games! It was great.

I skipped making breakfast and bought the cinnamon roles in the tubes that took 1 minute to prep and 11 to cook...and they were good! Highly recommend it!