Saturday, October 3, 2009

Five!

My sweet Harrison turned five last week. Where did the time go? It seems like we just brought him home from the hospital in the bear outfit that was too big for my little new born. Like I just returned from Europe with him; my little 10 month old traveler. Like he was just cheerfully carrying his "bakeyball yunch box," as he called it.

And now he is a big five. A year ago he was the youngest in our family, and appropriately nick-named my Baby Bear. Now he has two little siblings and finds himself as the middle child. His amiable personality, sweet spirit, and ability to forgive quickly are just a few of the traits that I love about my precious little Bear.My little super hero liked the banner that was waiting for him in the morning.At his request, we had French toast and chocolate-banana milk for breakfast. Lunch was spent at The Rock pizza place where he enjoyed a gooey peanut butter and jelly pizza.
Harrison was excited to get this super hero shirt, along with a Spiderman costume and Spidey pajamas. The next day we made a stop at Krispy Kreme on our way to the Children's Museum.

I don't think you can ever outgrow painting...

...or playing with clay.


Here is our crew with Super Hero Dad at the International Fountain just outside the museum.

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Happy Birthday Harrison! Oh...the rock pb&j pizza, yummy.

I had a small wooden baby gift sent to you the other day...but not sure if it has a gift card (in case you have a mystery gift).

Grammy said...

Harrison,
Chocolate banana milk! I've never tasted that! Did you make it in your Super Powermatic Shakeford 3000?
Thanks for inviting us to your 5th birthday party!
Love,
Grammy