Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Celebrating the 4th of July

In the past I have taken the children to a local lake on the 4th. It is cram packed with food, bouncy toys, booths, games, fun and people. This year, being so close to my due date, I decided to take them the day before and avoid the crowds and chaos. Unfortunately, I left my camera at home. So imagine a beautiful photo of the children swimming in the lake....here.

We started out our morning on the 4th with Independence Day toaster waffles.

When Ken returned home from work, he put one a front yard fireworks show. Thankfully, it doesn't take too much to impress our children.
After dinner, we had red, white, and blue ice cream treats. The children were tucked snugly in bed when the sounds of the big fireworks displays began to go off. Jack and Kennedy came into my room and asked if we could go outside to watch. I'm glad they did. I was feeling like a fuddy-duddy this year. We sat on the front porch and watched the sky for about thirty minutes. We could see three different displays from where we were positioned. I enjoyed the time with my two oldest children. When we returned to the house, I had at least seven new mosquito bites but they were worth it.

No comments: