Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thankful for Literacy

Today was a big day for our precious little kindergartner. Jackson finished his 100th reading lesson!

He chose the Rain Forest Cafe to celebrate this great accomplishment.

He was especially proud of this giant jug of Slurpee that he chose to order with his meal. It even came with a toy in the bottom.
Jack asked if he could get his picture in front of the "super hero."

On a similar note, we visited Grammy and Papa yesterday. Jack loves to read to Grammy, and all the children love it when she she reads to them.

Just in case you are interested, this is the book we used. My sister-in-law passed it along to me after using it to teach her boys to read. It worked well for Kennedy, and Jackson is proof once again that this is a great tool for teaching literacy. I accompany it with Hooked on Phonics and when the child is done, he/she should be reading at the second grade reading level.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much I enjoy reading to them and having them read to me! Of all our Father's wonderful earthly delights, it doesn't get much better than a good story with great pictures and a precious grandchild ... or three! I love it!
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Jackson,
Great Job! I am proud of you! Keep Reading!

Anonymous said...

Jackson,
Keep Reading! Next I come to see you,please read me a book!
Love, Aunt Angie