Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good Friends are Like Stars

My dear friend, Stacy, came out to visit recently. We were both transfer students in college and hit it off right away. She has been my close friend and prayer partner for over sixteen years. I love that no matter how much times passes between visits, we always pick up right where we left off as if no time has gone by at all.
**********************Time Warp*************************
1995/1996



Camping in Indiana our senior year


"Using up the extra film @ Meijer," is what I had written on the back of this photo. I love Stacy's spontaneous and fun nature.
It was Stacy's birthday and we went into the city to celebrate. After dinner we had make-overs done. I remember that I was engaged to Ken at the time and the make-up artist told me that I should wear at least this much make up on the day of the wedding. I didn't follow her advice. Is it just me or do we both look awfully pale?

Good friends are like stars.

You don't always see them,

but you know they are always there.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Great friend! Great photos! And AMAZING organizational skills to find 14-year-old pictures when you are pregnant with number 5! I thank God that He has given you such a faithful friend, JayLynn!
Love,
Grammy

Kelly said...

In '95 I was in the 4th grade. Do you feel old? =0)