Thursday, March 26, 2009

ZIP-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

My ultra cool husband has been doing a lot of research on zip lines. He has read literature, watched videos, and talked with those who have gone before him in this endeavor. Finally it came time to purchase the equipment, install the line, and wait.........for the harnesses to arrive in the mail.

They showed up on our doorstep yesterday and it was all the children could to wait......for Daddy to come home so they could FINALLY try it out.

The zip line spans about 120 feet from tree to tree, so we have about 110 feet to zip.

Kennedy was the first to try it out. She didn't get to go as far as the others because the tether wasn't yet shortened. She had a blast anyway!

Safety first! The cable holds up to 1400 lbs of weight and the kids and adult harnesses hold up to 300 lbs. I will tell you that even a pregnant woman can safely zip on it. Sorry no photos of that adventure!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your new Zip Line looks like fun! I hope you get to do a lot of zip rides soon on a sunny day!

Kelly said...

You guys are the BEST parent ever! How cool to HAVE a ZIP LINE! Cant wait to try it out!

Cribbs Half Dozen said...

Man I wish we lived closer! Can Ken come install one of those in our backyard? Looked like 7 seconds of bliss for the kiddos! Love Kennedy's sweater -- I've got them stashed away for our girls next year.

Anonymous said...

Hay!!! What fun....I want to do that...No fair Jen I wanted to see you do it !!!!! Maybe when I get over there...Love Ya all...Gramma Karen & Branden

Our Four Kids said...

When is our next playdate?! I can't wait to try it out! You guys are amazing!