Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches

We had a rough few days here at our house. The boys and I were sick with the flu. When I just wanted to cuddle up in bed and rest, I needed to give baths, clean toilets, change diapers, etc. I was so thankful for my mother-in-law taking Kennedy for the day so that she was not exposed to the sick germs. Then Ken came home with it. While the little boys and I are better now, it is my poor hubby's turn. At least he can cuddle up in bed and rest.

As I was planning for this week's meals, I came across a recipe for grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches in the "Healthy" section of allrecipes.com. Sounded simple. I needed simple. We had these for lunch today. Make it on whole wheat bread and add a glass of milk and in one easy-to-make meal, you have hit on 4 of the main food groups! Hey, serve it with carrots or celery and you've hit on five! I also read that this was one of Elvis Presley's favorite meals.

Let me know if you try it!

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

We had the same thing the other day...one of my kid's favorites for me to make when they aren't at school.

I think Elvis liked bacon on his sandwhich. I tried it once at the Peanut Butter Company in NYC and it was actually really good!

Glad your feeling better. Mom's never get a day off, such a bummer!

Anonymous said...

that sandwich looks glorious! we will definitely try it. thanks for the idea:) Love you sis....jen

Kelly said...

This sounds like a craving of a pregnant woman. Well... you know me... I like to stick to the basics... I'm not that adventurous. I would rather have a toasted cheese. MMMMMMM..... although toasted cheese with bacon sounds YUMMY. =0)