Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Who Could Ask For Anything More?

I turned 35 last week. It was awesome. I got everything I could possibly want and more.

It started out at 8:00 AM...I actually got to sleep in! Ken woke up with the kiddos and made me breakfast in bed...blackberry pancakes and coffee.
We went to Saltwater Park for a picnic and played for a while.

Jack saw the sign on this electrical box and knew immediately what it meant. He ran over to us exclaiming, "There is a monster who lives in that box! If you bother him, he will come out and get you!"
Sweet Harrison gave me this beautiful "berfday fwower."We came home to Dixie cups. Below is Harrison's tummy after he finished his!
We went out on a motorcycle date, thanks to my friend, Steph, who stayed with the children. Please note the fabulous banner that my husband created for me while I slept in.Sun setting on Alki and a truly wonderful birthday.



"It is not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years."

~Abraham Lincoln



And then the next night I celebrated at Red Robin with Steph. So much to be thankful for!



*******FLASHBACK*******

Age 5 or 6

(I can't tell exactly how many candles are on that slice of cake)

Age 10

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures of a perfect birthday! I just had the best laugh at Jack's impression of the voltage box! The pic of him listening against it is priceless!
A great sunset pic of you and Kenny after your motorcycle ride too. And the flashback photos are well worth the time I'm sure it took to find and post them!
Thanks for sharing!
We love you!
Grammy

Organized Chaos said...

Glad you had such a fun day. I feel like it was just last year that I met you at Red Robin right around your bday when I first moved to WA...you were pregnant with Harrison. Remember?

We miss you guys!

Our Four Kids said...

I love the pics! You haven't changed much (yes, you are wiser and more mature, but still so young looking!) since you were 10 at Chuck E. Cheese! I bet the kids love that picture! I love you friend! Glad you had a great birthday!

Jen T. said...

What a wonderful birthday you had, Jaylynn!! I am so glad that it was everything you wanted...and more! You deserve the best! I'm so glad Steph was available to watch the kiddos for you! THAT in and of itself is a treat, but then to go out afterwards...well, it just doesn't get any better! Happy Belated Birfday, friend!