Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Have a Problem

I have a problem. I can't stop collecting children's books. They are taking over my home. I have five shelves of children's books scattered throughout my house. I can't resist a book sale and I will never turn down an offer for free used kid's books. Children's book shelf in the playroom.

Children's book shelf in the living room.

Kennedy's favorite books.
Books in Kennedy's closet.

Children's books in the boys' room



Books in the school room. Most were my husband's from his childhood.



But there is nothing like cuddling up with my children and reading to them. Eric Carl, Max Lucado, Watty Piper, Laura Joffe Numeroff, and Sandra Boynton have become like friends to us as we enjoy the talents of these authors and welcome their stories into our special reading time together. And for that I can put up with the piles of books I seem to find forming all over the house. Yes, I have a problem. But it is one I plan to hold on to for as long as my children will allow it.

3 comments:

Our Four Kids said...

It's an addiction, Jen. I know, I have the same problem! I figure there are worse problems in the world, and like you said, let's enjoy having all these books around. Someday they won't be and we'll wish they were!

Love you!
Steph

Organized Chaos said...

Since I personally know you keep things...just think that if you eventually give away duplicates or get rid of destroyed books and then as they get older divide the books up for each kid as they grow up so they can inherit some of their childhood and then it doesn't seem like so many books!

Anonymous said...

Read! Read! Read! Read to them on the couch, on the floor, in their beds, in your bed, on the porch, in the tree house, on the glider ... just keep reading...a wonderful way to grow up. You can pass their favorites on to them in twenty years ... but save Your favorites to read to your grandchildren! I love it!
And thanks for the grandchildren I can read to!
Love,
Grammy