Thursday, October 18, 2007

Godly Man




A funny thing happened last week as I was disciplining my son. I had just finished correcting him and we were praying. "Please help Jackson to grow up to be a godly man," I began.

Immediately he let out a emphatic, "No! I don't want to be a godly man!"

I asked Jack if he knew what a "godly man" is. And just as I was about to explain that it is someone who loves the Lord and tries serve Him, he cried out, "It's the Oatmeal Guy!"

I had to try to keep from laughing as I held him tight. You see, recently I had explained to my children that the guy on the oatmeal box represented the Quakers, a group of hard working godly men and women who came to America to share their beliefs in God.
Jackson must have internalized that be be a godly man, one must don a large hat, gray wig, and ruffly white bib. He wanted nothing to do with that!

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

That had me LOL! Too funny.

Amy said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it!
Amy

Sassy Addy said...

Jackson,

Dave says Amen, he doesn't want to look like the oatmeal guy either.

The Saisslins