Saturday, June 19, 2010

A First and a Last


First time I have ever gone running into the midnight hour. Last "long run" in my training until the Rock 'N Roll half marathon.
.
We will be celebrating Father's Day on Saturday and I didn't want to have to try to fit in a ten mile run in the midst of it. So after the little ones were all tucked in and the Father's Day gifts wrapped, I jumped on the treadmill around 11:00 PM. Finished around 12:40 AM. I feel good. Sweaty and stinky. But good.
.
Only one week until my dad and I run the race together. I am really looking forward to it. The last time I ran 13.1 miles was the summer of 2007 when I raced my half iron man. That was two children ago. My purpose in registering for this race was simply that I needed a goal; something to work toward in my quest to start exercising again. It worked. In March I ran 63.26 miles, 83.18 miles in April, and 100.19 miles in May. I have already reached my goal. Now racing with my dad will just be the cherry on the sundae.

2 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

Jen,
Great Job! Go Jen Go! U hope You & Dad have a great time racing together! See you at the finishline! I am so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, JayLynn! We'll definitely be cheerin' you on here in Tukwila!